Statement of Purpose
Hot lunch at Adams is a service intended to relieve parents of packing lunches one day per week. Hot lunch is held on Wednesdays throughout the school year. It is operated by a committee of dedicated mothers from the Junior High, and overseen by the 8th grade teachers. 8th grade students help serve lunch each week.
Adams Christian School provides Renweb as its desired means for hot lunch ordering. It is imperative that hot lunch be ordered and paid for through Renweb. Any fees incurred for this service will be paid out of the hot lunch profits.
The hot lunch committee is committed to keeping the prices affordable and the process as smooth as possible. Because hot lunch is not considered a Mothers Club fundraiser, the hot lunch profits are not overseen by Mothers Club. Rather, the money generated from the sale is given to the 8th grade class. The profits are managed by 8th grade teachers who see that the monies are used to help offset various costs including the 8th grade class trip, graduation expenses and the end of the year class gift to the school.
We hope this page serves to give you the information you need to know about our hot lunch program.
* Ordering takes place within a 12-day period per month. Watch for ordering dates in the Monday note!
* No late orders will be accepted.
* The 5th child in a family is free when paying for 4 that week.
* The Hot Lunch Committee does not save lunches for sick children, or refund money for missed lunches. If a sibling desires to have a sick child’s lunch, one of their parents must contact one of the committee members to let them know before 11 am on a hot lunch day.
* In the event of a SNOW DAY, hot lunch will be served on a makeup day, which will be communicated to the parents by the hot lunch committee.
2021/2022 Hot Lunch Committee:
Renweb Director - Rachel Feenstra (616) 560-3030
Renweb Director - Amanda Kamps (616) 322-2859
Orderer - Tami Boorsma
Buyer - Kathleen Kuiper
Treasurer - Amy Kuiper